Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wild beaded jewelry in Kona flea market

Hi, I need a local expert! When we were in Kona in 2006, I bought some amazing earrings from a vendor in the Kona flea market. Most of her stuff was small beads in enormous and inticately beaded patterns in beautiful colors. She was in her early 50s, blonde, and from Germany. She told me she lived in her van so I am thinking I might have trouble finding her. I know she had a web site but I misplaced the info long ago. I would like to order some more pieces from her if anyone knows of her. This is probably a long shot. Thanks so much!



Wild beaded jewelry in Kona flea market


Well she does not ring a bell, when I get some fruit I will try to find her.. those vendors come and go. Many moved over to the International Shopping center when that opened. 2006... you are due for a return visit!



Wild beaded jewelry in Kona flea market


If she has been living in her van than she most likely can%26#39;t afford to pay the rent at the International Marketplace! :):):) I will go to the farmers market tomorrow, I will try to find her.




there are no flea markets in kona




HD the International Market is often referred to as a flea market, but I have heard many vendors have moved on. Also the Farmers Market has also been attracting jewelry vendors. The vendor was a beautiful blond early 50s should be easy to ask someone at IM if they know of her where-abouts.




Technically speaking Dan is right, there are only two flea markets on the island, one is in Ocean View and the other is the Makuu Market near Pahoa. Regardless, there are several jewelry stands at the Kona Farmers Market.




PennWanderer, I roamed the whole market at lunch time today, shouting ';Ich Liebe Dich!'; all around, but there were no takers, so I assume your vendor has moved on with her van! :):):)




Gosh TT we just missed each other, I was there at 2PM and asked around, no takers.. I think TT is right, she would not move to International Market Place with the price of rents, however I will be there on Saturday so I will ask around for you just in case.




Thanks so much. I will continue to check and see if anyone found her. She was quite interesting and may have moved on in her ';turtle home'; as she called it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment