Sunday, March 28, 2010

As We Go - When I Can Get To It TR - Day 4&5

Guess it%26#39;s time to continue this ';As we go'; trip report. The weather has been fantastic, low 80s daytime, upper 60s at night and the surf has been calm as well. Picks up a little bit in the afternoon but mornings have been glassy and wonderful for snorkeling.





Day 4: Stayed pretty close to %26#39;home%26#39; the past couple of days. Yesterday was another breakfast on the lanai morning enjoying the sunrise. Hit the beach pretty early while the water (and the beach) were quiet. Blinded everyone there with my winter ';whiteness'; but I think now I%26#39;ll glow red in the dark for a day or so. Bailed on the beach a bit after noon when the sun get hot and three families with toddlers decided to set up camp right next to us. No flames please about hating kids - I don%26#39;t. Just got tired real quick of the yelling and having sand tossed all over me. So we retreated to the peaceful view of Napili Bay from our lanai and continued our reading from there. Drove up to Sansei Kapalua for Dinner. Far and away the best meal we%26#39;ve had so far. I had the Roasted Japanese Jerk Chicken that just about melted in my mouth. And Mrs Snowbird had the 1/2 Lobster Tail and Spicey Crab Cakes - also amazing. Washed it down with a great bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio and shared an Apple Tart for dessert. We%26#39;ll definitely go back before we leave. There were just too many awesome looking selections on the menu for just one visit.





Day 5: My wife dropped me off across the street at the Bay Course and headed down to the Farmer%26#39;s Market while I took on an early round of golf. Got paired up with a really interesting Japanese Businessman who owns one of the Villas and spends 4-6 months a year in Kapalua. Niiice!! Had a great round (#16 kicked my butt as usual) and then a nice lunch with our foursome. Then the Japanese guy asks if I wanted to play another round with him as his guest right after lunch. A free round at Kapalua?! That%26#39;s a no brainer! ';Sure!'; says I, not realizing how long it%26#39;s been since I%26#39;ve played 36 holes in a day. Sheesh my rear end was dragging a third track by the end of the round. But it was great fun and really interesting listening to this guy%26#39;s take on the economy, world politics and the like. Took in the sunset from our lanai tonight with takeout ribs and chicken from Mama%26#39;s Rotisserie and some awesome corn on the cob from the farmers market.





SantaBarbaraBeachGirl - you asked about the Coastal Trail. From the south it starts at the Kapalua Beach tunnel entrance, then along the rocky point in front of the Villas and on to Oneloa beach. The Beach section is on a boardwalk that they have built up on the bluffs above the beach and directly in front of the villas there. Then it goes up the public accessway to Oneloa beach and crosses directly in front of the Ritz Carlton and above the ancient burial grounds. Not sure the Coconut Grove folks have much to complain about as that Kapalua Beach walkway has always been there and those units sit back a ways from the beach. But yeah, there are a few of the Villas that are very close to the Oneloa dunes and I%26#39;m sure those owner%26#39;s were%26#39;nt too crazy about the addition. But it wasn%26#39;t overly crowded by any stretch. Just a few joggers and some casual strollers like us. It%26#39;s really a spectacular walk and eventually is planned to go all the way to Honolua Bay.





More to come...





As We Go - When I Can Get To It TR - Day 4%26amp;5


Aloha VC - I must stay that I am enjoying starting off the day with your reports! Most enjoyable.



As for your golfing day - that%26#39;s a full day, but great that you got to do it again. (I still wish someone would invent a %26#39;butt dolly%26#39; for those days when dragging --- happens)



LOL - you should be quite patriotic before you head home - started out white, then red, %26amp; you%26#39;ll be blue when it%26#39;s time to go home. Sounds familiar.



mahalo - take care

No comments:

Post a Comment