Wednesday, March 31, 2010

cheap honeymoon in september

We%26#39;re heading to Kauai for our two-week honeymoon in September and both my husband and I are cheap. Call me crazy, but I%26#39;m just not wanting to stay in our usual cheap-o accommodations (hostels, etc.) for our honeymoon. I%26#39;m also a librarian and have been researching like a maniac and I%26#39;m overwhelmed with too much information. I%26#39;d love something in the lower than $125/night range with a kitchen so we can cook some of our meals. I realize I might be dreaming.





We%26#39;re pretty flexible about where we stay - in fact two or three parts of the island would be fine with us. We like to hike so we definitely want to stay up north some of the time. Swimming is great but we%26#39;re not surfers, divers or boaters.





Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas are appreciated. Thanks!



cheap honeymoon in september


I am staying here in may it%26#39;s on the east side in Wailua it%26#39;s a good deal especially if you do the the weekly rental which gives you the 7th night free and no cleaning fee.



www.vrbo.com/54674



The guy that owns it Kevin is a DE on the Kauai forum.



Marie



cheap honeymoon in september


You%26#39;re not dreaming. There%26#39;s plenty of choices. We stay cheap, but we%26#39;re there in September too. What dates are you looking at?





3Chihuahuas




North shore is a must for that time of year. Lots of choices in Princeville. For 2 weeks it might be nice to do a split north shore + one of the other shores or even 2 islands. Plug in your budget and see what you get: www.hawaiigaga.com





Set your budget to higher than 125 when searching especially if you%26#39;re going to be at one place for 2 weeks. In this economy many places would give you a discount if you stay for 2 weeks.




check Kauaivacationrentals.com - there%26#39;s a 2 bedroom house, Hale O Ami in Princeville that is $850 a week, looks ok.




You%26#39;re not dreaming. You can do it. We%26#39;ve found places for the past three years. Check vrbo.




Remember when looking at accommodations you need to figure in tax and cleaning. If your budget is $125 is that before tax and cleaning?



If you plan on splitting your stay (which is an excellend idea) I would stay South first and then North. September%26#39;s weather is usually wondeful.



Just be cautious when renting something so inexpensive. Inexpensive doesn%26#39;t have to mean dirty and old. I see some places that are $100/nt and they should be $50. There%26#39;s nothing worse than having a honeymoon ruined by rusty, old appliances and dirty carpets and bugs.



Do a little hunting on sites like Summitpacific.com, VRBO.com, Parrish Realty, Hawaiigaga, and then read the reviews. Start reading trip reports on this forum and you will be well educated. You can find what you want.




We stayed in this place two years ago in early June:





www.kimosvacationrentals.com/index.html





It%26#39;s nothing fancy, but it%26#39;s in a great area within walking distance to Kepuhi Beach. The main drawback is that it was pretty warm inside during the day, but since we were gone most of the day and it cooled down at night, that wasn%26#39;t a problem for us. Incuded the use of the outdoor shower, hot tub, laundry and grill at the main house.





For $600/week can%26#39;t beat it IMO.




We stay where UNCOMOM is staying, stayed on several occasions, and find it to be a wonderful place.I am somewhat picky of where I stay, I want Ocean front, nice lanai,kitchen,A/C,pool and clean rooms and well kept for.Check it out....This is centrally located on the Island, so it makes it for a nice drive if you go to the West Shore or the North Shore.




Welcome to the Kauai forum - perfect places for a travel researcher! :) For my first trip to Kauai, I was on a very tight budget and I am a researcher as ell, so I kept surfing and surfing - knowing there were deals to be found. If you want, send me a PM - I can send you a list of nice elcheapo places - most are on the Northshore, which should be perfect during September. I think you can easily find a place under $100 a night. :)




Wow, thank you all for your great ideas. I have some focus to my research. I used Trip Advisor for a prior trip to New Zealand and everyone is super helpful. What a great community!

No comments:

Post a Comment