Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shave Ice Options???

Okay, I have to admit I%26#39;m a huge fan of Local Boyz Shave Ice in the Kalama Village (Kihei.) Great Stuff! If you haven%26#39;t tried it, you should. Grab one and park yourself on the bench by the pond - total relaxation.





I%26#39;m curious though. What are other island location that serve up great shave ice? Anybody have recomendations? My next trip is still unplanned -still in dream phase - but I%26#39;ll give them a try next time around.





Rich



Shave Ice Options???


New Local Boy Snack Shop (no Z) opened last week in Lahaina on Front Street near Burger King. Same shave ice and some other interesting snack options as well.



Shave Ice Options???


Just be sure it is SHAVED shave ice, not blender chopped. Last time I went to the truck south of the Prince in Makena, it was a blender chopped non-treat and I threw it away.




kaiwahine - thanks for the tip....do you know how long I%26#39;ve been saying Local Boy ';z';? Now that I know, I%26#39;ll likely still get it wrong.





I always wondered why they didn%26#39;t do Lahaina, too. I%26#39;ll try the new spot next time....







And yes, it has to be shave....not blended.





Rich




We liked Annie%26#39;s Shave Ice in Lahaina near the Banyan Tree Park. It was on a street that intersected with Front Street - Prison, maybe? My kids enjoyed eating it in the park.





We also tried Tom%26#39;s Mini Mart in Wailuku, which was my bribe for getting them out of the water and into the car when we had to pick up Daddy at the airport.





Don%26#39;t be tempted by the stuff at Lappert%26#39;s - great ice cream but the ';shave'; ice was not the real deal.





Julie




Go local %26amp; stop by Tom%26#39;s Mini Mart in Wailuku. owner makes all of the syrups %26amp; shaves the ice block while you watch! No junk....jus%26#39; the real deal.




ScubaTim - Tom%26#39;s Mini Mart sounds great! Wishing I had one now. It%26#39;s a must on the next visit. Thanks for the tip.





Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment