Sunday, March 28, 2010

Aqua Bamboo Post for real?

Everything seems good. I am booked there with my family for 2 weeks starting Aug. 1st. The pool area looks amazing for our youngling...salt water is much nicer than chemicals. The rooms look very nice...though a bit cramped.





I am confused about 3 things.



1) many of the posts lately are from first time posters that just joined and have no other history.



2) I have seen ants in Hawaii before but not bugs. What are bugs? I understand the tropics...but no one wants bugs crawling in their sleep space.



3) Have all the rooms been upgraded? I would gladly donate my first nights fee to them ahead of time to know now I will NOT get the room that I am expecting for my family...because I will just end up walking out.





The post should not be a misconstrued as a slag on them. They look great from most angles and I hope to be staying there



Aqua Bamboo Post for real?


1. Search the forums for Aqua properties and Hotel Renew and you will find many threads regarding review posting and this particular hotel management group.





2. I have stayed (and will be again in a month) at the Bamboo and have not seen any bugs in the units I have been in. I%26#39;m not saying they are not there, but I haven%26#39;t noticed any. I would assume someone mentioning bugs in a hotel would actually be talking about cockroaches. Don%26#39;t leave any food items out and you should be okay.





3. Email the hotel about your upgrade concerns. I have always found the staff there very helpful.



Aqua Bamboo Post for real?


I recently wrote a review about my 1 night stay at Aqua Bamboo and the reason I left after only one night was due to bugs in the room. They were not ants or cockroaches. They were small black bugs (about the size of aphids or fruit flies) and they were all over. All over the wall next to the bed, in the bathroom, on the counter in the kitchenette - everywhere. I probably saw about 100 of them in the room.




As long as they are not cockroaches. I recall staying in a really nice VRBO last year on the Big Island. When we got in, there were hundreds of ants. I followed the trail one way to the bathroom drain - point of entry, then the other way through two rooms - point of interest. It turns out that they were feasting on some kids skittles that had fallen behind a chest. Took me an hour to clear them up...never really saw any again. It could be related to a previous guest. I guess there would be more posts if they had a real problem.





Seems like a very nice hotel. I will continue to monitor for new posts about the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment