Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Best Shuttle Choice!

i know many members are tired of reading threads on shuttles!





YET!!





my question is different..





out of all the ones in Waikiki.





which do you suggest is the best??





thanks



Best Shuttle Choice!


This question comes up almost daily here.



I%26#39;ve been using Roberts Shuttle for thirty years.



They are the largest, least expensive, and most reliable on the Islands.



$15.00 round trip vs $70 plus for a cab. If you have a group of four, a cab would be a better deal.



As I travel as one or two, the Roberts deal is better. But,timing can be everything; if a full Roberts has just departed, you can count on a ten to 15 minute wait.



Just for my own information, I booked the VIP Shuttle for this afternoon. They meet you in the baggage area, with your name on a sign. They cover



Waikiki, and they are $20 round trip.



I%26#39;ll get back tomorrow with a report on VIP.



Best Shuttle Choice!


';$15.00 round trip vs $70 plus for a cab. If you have a group of four, a cab would be a better deal';.





We always take a taxi-it costs around $30-not $70.




well yes i know many come up every week... but the ones i read were should i take a cab vs a taxi..







which i already know the answer too...





i just wanted to know peoples personal experience out of all the ones in Hawaii.. which do you suggest is the best




Where can you get a r/t taxi for $30? One way, maybe.





We used Star Taxi a couple of weeks ago. They ask you to call them as soon as you get your bags and then they are there to get you curbside within 5 minutes (taxis can%26#39;t sit out at the curb).




Our taxi from Sheraton Princess Kaiulani to the airport was almost $40, so $70 round trip is pretty accurate, and our thought was exactly along the lines of 4 people in our party, $15 a piece, then a taxi is less expensive.





Even in a party of 2 I would have preferred a taxi, I think I would only consider a shuttle if I were by myself.




If you like sitting on a bus for 2 hours and stopping at 20 hotels after a really long flight, then Roberts Shuttle is the way to go. You line up and wait for the bus to load 50 passengers then you have to stop at several hotels along the way.




We%26#39;ve always used Roberts Hawaii and it%26#39;s NEVER taken more than 45-50 mins to reach out hotel!;[[]




I%26#39;ve used Roberts twice. I bought a round trip ticket each time. On my first trip everything went along without a hitch. On my second trip on the return leg to the airport it was a different story. Roberts advised booking the bus 2 hours prior to the time that I needed to be at the airport so I booked it for 6am.





The bus didn鈥檛 turn up at 6am as Roberts said it would. After a few phone calls and excuses from Roberts, the bus eventually turned up at 7am. The driver then advised me that he would not be able to get me to the airport for at least two hours. I advised the driver that I would call Roberts and he said he%26#39;d give me 5 minutes before he%26#39;d drive off without me. The lady on the phone from Roberts told me I was to blame. She was quite rude about it. The driver left and I was stuck paying for a cab to the airport.





Cab cost me around $40 including tip one way.





So my advice, take the $9 one way shuttle from the airport to Waikiki, but save yourself the hassle of shuttle unreliability and take a cab on your return leg.





Baz




I forgot to mention, for a really good shuttle to Waikele Outlets, use Tahiti shuttle service. I found a coupon in one of the tourist books. I think it was a $12 or $13 round trip. I used it twice and was really happy with the service.





I figured there was no point in renting a vehicle if it was going to sit in the car park all day.





Baz






I personally would NEVER use Roberts Shuttle.



it%26#39;s the worse shuttle ever.



I flown in with Hawaiian Airline and get in to Honolulu around 11 am.



I get to my hotel (Ohana East) at 12:15-12:30.





I would use Star Taxi, Rabi Taxi, or Reliable Taxi.



On my next trip, I would use Tahiti Taxi as someone suggest it.


  • eye pencil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment