Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where to stay--two choices and condo information

First of all, I have narrowed my choices down to Kaanapali Beach area or Wailea. My husband and I like some nightlife so which place would be better (not as remote-we are also not golfers)and also which is ';closer'; or on the beach?



Secondly, once we choose, which condo area would you recommend? I ahve been looking at the Whaler and a few places in Wailea, as well as Papakea(?). I am a bit concerned that the condos pictured on vrbo.com may not be as clean or look the same as pictured.



Thanks for any advice.



Where to stay--two choices and condo information


I can%26#39;t comment as to Wailea, but I have been to Kaanapali recently and am planning to return next month. It sounds like it will suit your tastes. We stayed at the Whaler and were thrilled with our accomodations. Our friends were staying at the resort next door and we got a 1 bedroom condo for a price comparable to their small hotel room. I went through VRBO. We had a ground floor unit, so our friends next door could mosey up to our lanai and visit. As I recall you want to be on the north side of the buildings because it gets too hot to enjoy the lanai on the south side. I could try to find out unit if you are looking for a 1 bedroom ground floor.



Where to stay--two choices and condo information


';I could try to find out unit if you are looking for a 1 bedroom ground floor.';





Should read ';our'; unit. They really need an edit button here.




Kaanapali is for night life and a reasonably priced beach front place. I think the whaler is very popular because the location is so good. Westin Kaanapali Villas look really nice, not sure about price. When you go through vrbo and have any doubts just email the owner! vrbo pictures are tiny so I often email the owner and ask them to send me big ones.




You might want to look at Ka%26#39;anapali Ali%26#39;i as well. They offer some very good rates and are just down from the Whaler.




Two very good areas to choose from. Golf courses are all over the place, but I think you mean you don%26#39;t want to stay next to one -? Kaanapali is known for having a bit of a buzz to it, I have a feeling you might like that. Kaanapali Beach is great and there is much to do in the area. Whaler is smack dab in the middle of it all. Papakea is north of Black Rock, but still Kaanapali - both good ones. Just minutes to Lahaina and there is even a shuttle to get you around if you are not in the mood to drive sometimes. Kaanapali Alii is very nice. Maui Kaanapali Villas, (the Dolphin and Emerald buildings are closest to the beach), very nice beach. Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas is another idea.



Wailea is a bit more polished, somewhat quieter - certainly not lacking in nightlife or proximity to restaurants. Mulligans is a hoppin place for nightlife. Wailea has incredible beaches. Depending on the condo property there are quite a few that are on a great beach. Wailea Ekahi has some spacious units that are a bit sprawled out, but quite a few an easty stroll to Polo Beach/Keewakapu. Polo Beach Club, or Mana Kai good options in that area.




I agree with all the comments, but if your thinking about the Whaler and Papakea just remember that Papakea is a more ';modest'; property. The Whaler is on the main Kaanapali beach next to the other main hotels %26amp; shopping. Papakea is a few miles up the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment