Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sheraton Poipu Beach

My husband and I will be going to Kauai in a few weeks. We are staying in a garden view room for seven nights at the Sheraton as part of our package deal. Has anyone stayed in a garden view room at the Sheraton recently and had a positive experience? I%26#39;m a little worried with the negative comments about the garden view rooms. An upgrade would be expensive and we are a retired couple. Is there a specific building or room# that we can ask for that is better than others? I like sleeping with the door/window slightly open for fresh air. Would it be safe to be on a ground floor room or should we ask for a higher floor room? Thanks for your help!



Sheraton Poipu Beach




Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





I worked at the Sheraton Kaua%26#39;i at the front desk for 5 years (now this was 5 years ago mind!) - so I hope I can help you out a little.





The garden rooms are really nice - they have been recently redone and I wouldn%26#39;t be concerned about negative comments - most of them look out over lovely koi ponds and have very nice decor in the rooms.





As far as a specific building on that side - I guess I%26#39;d recommend Bldg. 3 - it would be an upgrade as the lanais all look out to the ocean, hence it is considered partial ocean view (one category upgrade).



Other than that - Building 5 and 6 are also very lovely and quiet with those koi pond views. I%26#39;d go with a higher floor if possible - not for crime%26#39;s sake, but just because I think the views are a little better - you can certainly sleep with your lanai door screened open.





Enjoy!





Malama Pono,



Janet



Sheraton Poipu Beach




Dear Janet (Koloagirl)





You are a wonderful Kauai resource person. I have enjoyed reading all your valuable comments here. Thank you for your advice regarding the garden view rooms at the Sheraton. I feel much better now. Thanks again!




I would ask for a higher floor - not a ground floor. It%26#39;s not a safety thing necessarily - ground floors tend to be noisier.




We stayed at the Sheraton in a garden view room last August, and I believe it was bldg. 6, or maybe 3--sorry, can%26#39;t remember. Neverthless, we really enjoyed it, no problems. It was very close to the garden pool, which was deserted most of the time--very quiet and relaxing. I wouldn%26#39;t worry. You will love it.






Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





';and I believe it was bldg. 6, or maybe 3--sorry, can%26#39;t remember. Neverthless, we really enjoyed it, no problems. It was very close to the garden pool,';





That would have been Bldg. 6 - Bldg. 3 is the one on the opposite side of the Garden Lobby and closest to the parking lot.





Malama Pono,



Janet






We are thinking of staying at the Shersaton for 2 days because the condo we are booking is only available for 5. Is the Sheraton very expensive?






Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





The Sheraton Kaua%26#39;i is considered a mid-level property and is much less expensive than say the Grand Hyatt Kaua%26#39;i and many condos.





They run various specials throughout the year so I%26#39;d give them a call to see what they are offering these days.





Malama Pono,



Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment