Sunday, March 28, 2010

In Maui now..

Aloha. Anyone who read my previous posts knows that I was not looking forward to this trip I rarely do I just don`t get excited anymore and was hoping for someone topump me up but so many took insult to asking for some help...





I am here now,arrived Sunday afternoon with Hawaiian airlines via Seattle. Bumpiest flight I have ever had but shout out to Jeffery who talked me through the turbulence and that really helped! Getting our car through Thrifty took over an hour and half and it was rattling and had to be returned later that day. Since we were there we upgraded to a convertible which is what we use in Vegas and it is nice to have here too.





I am at the Maui Banyan which I stayed at when it was new 15 years ago but it has gone down big time. Our unit looks OK but I think the picts on VRBO were take on it`s best day. However it was a good price and it clean so I won`t complain.





The people visitsors and locals allike have all had the ususal friendly hospitality.





The weather has been hot and lovely. Today has been a little cloudier and the breeze is back but it is a nice change as I got the usual first days burn and needed an inside day.





Will post a report when I get home.



In Maui now..


Well I hope you have a great trip! I hate turbulence too, it completely freaks me out!!! You know it seems that people get broken cars a lot in Maui, I will be careful when I pick mine up and check it out before I leave. I hope this trip thaws you out from a Canadian winter, sure sounds nice from where I am sitting.



In Maui now..






Aloha4now - Best thing for a sunburn is a shave ice at Local Boyz in Kalama Village. Very tasty! Wishing I had one right now.




aloha4now - Glad to hear that you have arrived safely. There sure do seem to be a lot of turbulence reports, I never met anyone who likes that. Usually the worst turbulence seems to appear just after beverages have been delivered, that get interesting!



Sorry you had to return your car, but it sounds like you are happier with the convertible anyway, perhaps the car was calling for you.



Have a wonderful time.




Aloha4now - We%26#39;re on the island now as well - came in a day later than you and sounds like we had a similar travel experience. Our flight was one of the more turbulent we%26#39;ve had. No way to predict the jet stream and weather, though. A couple of relaxing days on the beach have put the travel hassles far in the past. Hope that%26#39;s been your experience as well.




Yes VC we have had time to relax and have hit `island time`.



We spent the day at Makena and today we hung out around our beach Kam 2...now in the room while everyone gets ready for Lahaina tonight hard rock then shopping. Swat meep in the morning in Kahului. Still missing my dog though.




I don%26#39;t get this post. Why were not looking forward to this trip and who made you go if you didn%26#39;t wish to? I%26#39;m I missing something?


  • la mer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment