Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Please Help! (urgent)

I am suppose to go to Cozumel in a couple of days, looks like those plans are now ruined. At this point, I am able to cancel those trips and receive a full refund. Looks like Hawaii will be our next stop. I have no idea where to stay / go / play/ which island! I only have 2 days max to decide! Please Help! Here%26#39;s what I%26#39;m looking for: 1) nice but inexpensive with kitchen (on the beach) 2)great place to shallow snorkel (not too rough of water and not too deep) 3)Close to other areas that are good for snorkeling and grocery stores,etc... Can you help? I have been doing Cozumel research for months and I am lost! Thank you! -Pete





Please Help! (urgent)


You can fly direct to Maui from DFW on AA. Maui has the most beaches, good from-shore snorkeling, a wide range of lodgings. I%26#39;d look at Kihei in South Maui and Kahana or Napili in West Maui.





See all Hawaii lodgings here: www.wizardpub.com Ignore pricing; it was written before Recession.





FIRST thing I%26#39;d do is reserve a rental car. They are in short supply and you will need one on Maui (or any other place outside of Honolulu, which has a decent bus system).



Please Help! (urgent)


Maui is easiest for what you are seeking. Agree to get the car NOW.





Look for posts by MsFuzz on snorkeling. She has a list of good shore spots. This is on the cusp of winter/summer conditions, so some of the northern spots like Honolua may not be good this month. Ask about spots and seasonality.




Thank you thank you thank you! I%26#39;m on it! -Pete




I would run, not walk, to your favorite travel agent and get a package to Maui. Something that includes a car, a condo (Ka%26#39;anapali is nice) and flights.





Don%26#39;t worry about the snorkeling. You will find plenty of great places.




Pleasantan Holidays or United Airlines, maybe Classic Hawaii have good packages. If you are a Costco member, give them a call.




I have this stupid flight credit now for Continental Airlines that I need to use (they were the original carrier to Cozumel), but now it looks like I need to book the majority of stuff through them to get a better rate... I%26#39;m still searching for deals and I REALLY appreciate the input from y%26#39;all! thank you TA for being here! (I%26#39;d be lost without ya!)-Pete




You need to get your flights sorted out first and everything else will fall into place after that. Unless you have credit with Contintental vacations for accommodations don%26#39;t use them to find a hotel or condo! Going directly to owners you%26#39;ll get much nicer places for the price.





What island? Doesn%26#39;t matter, wherever continental will take you they are all good! Maui is a very easy choice for a first trip. Take a look at these beach maps





http://www.hawaiigaga.com/oahu-beaches.aspx



http://www.hawaiigaga.com/maui-beaches.aspx



http://www.hawaiigaga.com/kauai-beaches.aspx



www.hawaiigaga.com/big-island-beaches.aspx





See you can%26#39;t go wrong. You can also do a rental search on that web site. The cool thing is you can plug in your dates when doing a search and it will tell you what units from vrbo.com and other web sites have availability. Saved me last year when I had to make plans quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment