Sunday, March 28, 2010

Are seats for baby full price?

I know this is a dumb question, but the only time we%26#39;ve flown with our baby, we held him on our laps. We are considering taking him to Maui in August (he will be just over a year) and it%26#39;s a LONG flight, so we would buy him a seat. My husband and I have FF tickets, so we just need to buy the baby a seat. Are they the same price as an adult ticket? I%26#39;m assuming yes...



Are seats for baby full price?


You are right...full price. But at least you will have your own car seat when you get there!



Are seats for baby full price?


When I flew to Hawaii with my 12 month old, his seat was about 55% of an adult seat. This was 3 years ago.




Yes you pay the full adult fare for a child as far as I am aware.





I flew from Alaska to England on my own when my daughter was 14 months old on my lap- a 6.5 hour flight, followed by 3 hr connection and then a 7.5 hour flight. It wasn%26#39;t much fun, but it was manageable!





When we flew to Maui she was 17 months old, again we didn%26#39;t book her a seat but we were lucky enough that there were spare seats next to us on both the flight there and back (a passenger moved in to another seat to give us the spare on the way there) so we got a seat for her and saved some money- might be worth checking how full your flight is before paying out!




I would check with your airline. Just a few years ago it was 50% of an adult ticket, up until they were 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment