Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Friday afternoon traffic to Waikiki from Aloha Stadium??????

I am in HI for business in May. I am taking the red-eye back home Friday night at 9:00 p.m. that evening. My work day will end around 5 p.m. My question is should I plan on heading straight to the airport after my last meeting around the Aloha Stadium area(will have a rental car) or will I have time to head back to my hotel (Embassy Suites in Waikiki), shower, change and catch my flight?



Friday afternoon traffic to Waikiki from Aloha Stadium??????


Sure, with four hours you will have plenty of time...





As long as you don%26#39;t mind spending a third of the time in traffic. But that is still better than just sitting at the airport for more than 3.5 hours.





No matter which route you take, it will require close to an hour to get back to Waikiki (45 minutes if you are lucky). You should make plans to enter Waikiki via McCully (preferably), Kapahulu or Kalakaua, because Ala Moana is all but gridlocked in the early evening; particularly on Friday.





Take the H-1 freeway, get off at Punahou, go a couple blocks to King, take a left, go a few blocks to McCully, go right on McCully, into Waikiki where it ends at Kalakaua, go left and then take a right a few blocks later at Beach Walk...the hotel parking is on your left at the end of the block.





It will only take about 20 or 30 minutes to get back to the airport, which is pretty dead that time of night (I flew a red eye on Tuesday and there was virtually no one in the ticket or security lines in the main terminal).





So, done at 5 PM, at the hotel around 6, leave the hotel a few minutes before 7, at the airport before 7:30, plenty of time to get a 9 PM flight.





If you have a few extra minutes at the airport, the ';new'; Kona Brewing Company restaurant near gates 24/25 is really quite good. In addition to the fresh local beer, they have a solid menu, and some of the best nachos I have had anywhere.



Friday afternoon traffic to Waikiki from Aloha Stadium??????


Amberloo- I knew I could count on you for an answer. Thank you so much for the information. After a long day at work and before boarding a straight flight back to Houston, I really wanted to have the option of showering and changing before getting on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment