Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Which of these hotels would offer the best view?

Well I%26#39;m leaving in a few weeks and finally need to make a decison re: where to stay. I have accumulated enough points on a mastercard to choose from the following hotels: Deluxe ocean view room at Hyatt, Ocean View at Outrigger Reef (a little concerned about how much of an ocean view these rooms really are), Embassy Suites (no view), or Ocean View room at outrigger waikiki (again, concerned about how much of an ocean view these rooms really have, and the beach in front of that hotel is a mob scene). We love to sit on our Lanai and have cocktails before we go to Dinner. Probably leaning towards the Hyatt as we have stayed in the Reef, and this time maybe want to be located in the more central area of Waikiki, but would appreciate any opinions. Thank you in advance for your help!!



Which of these hotels would offer the best view?


I would go with the hyatt, the outriggers look into the back of other hotels. Also the best view I found is mid ht, and set back a lttle from the beach.



Which of these hotels would offer the best view?


I%26#39;m just guessing here, but I%26#39;d also take the Hyatt from the way you describe your choices, and knowing the locations... for best bet for a lanai with a good view.




Considering all your comments, I%26#39;d say the Hyatt.




Deluxe oceanview at the Hyatt has a great view of the eastern Waikiki area and Diamond Head. However, it is not an oceanfront view (which is even better).



The higher you go, the better the view.




I have had two Ocean View rooms at the Outrigger Waikiki and it all depends on where the room is located. Our first room was 10th floor facing the Royal Hawaiian. It was further away from the beach so we had to look to the left to see the water. Still not bad. Our second room was 14th floor, on the Diamond Head side, closest to the beach. (I have a picture posted under my contributions.) GREAT VIEW! I guess the key to the Outrigger Waikiki is the ability to ask for what you want. I recommend the Diamond Head side based on how the hotel sits on the beach. My husband and I really enjoyed the view from our 14th floor lanai and from inside the room.




Take the Deluxe Ocean View at Hyatt. Whenever a hotel has the word ';Deluxe'; in front of Ocean View, that means that it is very much guaranteed a great ocean front experience. I stayed in a room at the Hyatt that was Deluxe Ocean View and it truly was a grand. Just make sure you are facing the front or have a view of Diamond Head Crater. Seeing Diamond Head Crater and the blue Pacific Ocean makes the view even grander. Hope you have a great stay in beautiful Hawaii!




Thank you for all of your informative responses. This board is fabulous!!! Leaning towards the Hyatt, but have been reading reviews about rundown rooms??? (Can anyone comment on this?) Also, my wife kind of likes the idea of the free breakfast/cocktail hour at the Embassy Suites, but I am a little concerned about it being overrun with kids and the construction next door at the Trump Tower, and probably won%26#39;t have any sort of ocean view. Any other input that others have regarding these two hotels would be appreciated. Thanks again!!!




I have a gripe with the Hyatt about their pool. It is tiny and awkward. It is also right next to their restaurants. The hot tubs are just the ususal kind of separate units you would buy in a store. Sort of in a conspicuous place right by the bar. Judging from the number of people in lounges around the pool, a fair number of their guests do not want to lie on the beach.





I know the beach is right across the street. It is very crowded. I like to have a decent pool to enjoy for times when I just don%26#39;t want to go to the beach, or it%26#39;s windy or whatever. Their pool was laughable.





This may or may not be a consideration of yours.




Embassy Suites in nice. Pool looks modern but it is very small. It would get very crowded quickly. The breakfast and the evening cocktails are nice and the rooms are very spacious. You can get a very small ocean view and trump towers should not be too noisy if you are on the Diamond Head side of the building. You would walk right through the Outrigger Reef to get to the beach. The beach is on the uncrowded side of Waikiki Beach. Outrigger Reef might also have a deal with breakfast, you should check. They just went through a complete renovation, so their rooms would be very nice. I have not stayed there, but I am going to get a look at the rooms next time I am in the area. I would say that all three hotels are great. Hotels like these three will tell you the truth about their renovations. If you call Hyatt and ask them if their rooms have been renovated recently or ask them if they are in need of renovation, they will tell you.




I would opt for Outrigger Reef.

No comments:

Post a Comment