Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trip Advisor posting number of contributions on reviews, yay

I like this! You can see the number of contributions a reviewer has made, and if you click on their name, you can see how many reviews, how many photos, etc they have posted and when they signed up for Trip Advisor. many times I read a review and have to research the poster to see if they are just a one-time poster ';top siding'; a negative review to bury it (read: hotel having employees or management staff post positive reviews to change rating or put the negative review several pages back).





it doesn%26#39;t necessarily mean someone who posts only once in their entire TA history is not posting a true review of somewhere they actually stayed, but it definitely makes me wonder if they are credible. and it makes me pause when they are glowing, ';market-speak'; reviews saying things like ';amazing amenities'; and ';close to shopping, attractions,etc'; or if it actually mirrors their website description of their hotel.





You can also view when the reviewer signed up for Trip Advisor. was it the same day just to post that one review? I feel a lot more comfortable if the person has also posted on forums, and asked questions prior to a trip.





I haven%26#39;t posted many negative reviews, but I have had to do a few when the stay actually warranted it. It is always interesting to me when right after posting a negative review, several posts show up the next day or within one day of each other, always one-posters, and always glowing reviews of the same hotel actually negating things that were said. now we can see the history of posters like this right by their review.





thanks, TA. I love this new feature!



Trip Advisor posting number of contributions on reviews, yay


it is a great feature, but not new. They started tying names to reviews and contributions through clickable profiles back in 2006, IIRC!



Trip Advisor posting number of contributions on reviews, yay


*scratch head*





really? I%26#39;ve never seen it before. do you have to have something ';enabled'; on your %26#39;puter to have it show? I do many reviews and haven%26#39;t seen this on any of the reviews of the hotels, right on their review site, before yesterday.





anyway, whenever they added it, I love it. I know posters have asked for it for a long time.





:) thumbs up TA!




You are right that now the contributions are now visible without clicking on the user name. I just meant that all the same information was visible if you clicked on the username, which would bring up the profile.





To me it doesn%26#39;t make any real difference to make that click if I want to see what the reviewer has contributed, but for readers who are new to TA, I guess it%26#39;s more transparent now.





I remember back in 2006, when they started linking contributions ... before that a review was just by ';a trip advisor member.'; That was a huge change.


  • eye pencil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment