Saturday, March 27, 2010

Old Postcards/Menus - Place to Buy on Big Island?

Can anyone recommend a store/gallery to purchase old postcards (and maybe old restaurant menus)? on the Big Island? Thanks.



Old Postcards/Menus - Place to Buy on Big Island?


No place better than ebay.



Old Postcards/Menus - Place to Buy on Big Island?


Most touristy stores carry old post card replicas but I don%26#39;t think you will find old postcards or old restaurant menus anywhere. I have a few of one restaurant that recently went out of business, if you want one send me a PM.




Came across this site months ago.





Don%26#39;t know if they are for sale.





Most are from Oahu, but some Maui, some Kauai, maybe some Big Island.





www.arkivatropika.com/cgi-bin/tags.cgi…




I collect menu%26#39;s and I get my best buys on eBay.




Discovery Antiques in Kealakekua has a store full of memorabilia. You would have to sift through it. Last time there, I noticed collections of just about everything, matchbooks, swizzle sticks etc. I couldn%26#39;t swear about them having menus or old postcards but you could check with them.



Discovery Antiques 81-6593 Mamalahoa hwy



Phone(808) 323-2239



They are right across the street from Patz Pies...best thin crust Pizza on the Big Island (or maybe anywhere) Pat the owner is super friendly and makes delicious fresh pizza.




I would suggest Discovery Antiques as well. One time, I bought a very very old birthday card there.




Discovery Antiques is a fun place to go to, they are not cheap, and they know what they have, BUT you could easily loose an entire day having fun and digging around.

No comments:

Post a Comment