Saturday, April 3, 2010

What is the best oceanfront condo in Kona area?

I have been reading through the threads and you guys are awesome! Hoping you can help me...





I know there have been hundreds of questions like this but still not sure what the answer is. What is the safest condo option in Kona on the ocean? I have seen so many complaints about condos being overrun with bugs and filth that I am mostly trying to find a sure bet.





My boyfriend and I are coming to BI for about 10 days (we are in our late twenties) and since we are going to be taking some surfing lessons and doing the Captain cook snorkeling, we thought it would make the most sense to start our trip in Kona and then move to Waikoloa to avoid excess driving for those days. Also, since we%26#39;ve never been to the island, we would like to see both. (Don%26#39;t worry---we are squeezing in a trip to the volcano mid-switch : ))





I mostly want something clean and reliable. If there is another area to consider that would get us near Kahaluu we are open to suggestions. Being near town is not important, but we do want a condo.





Help?!?!



What is the best oceanfront condo in Kona area?


Aston Kona By The Sea is the best ocean front condo in Kona.



What is the best oceanfront condo in Kona area?


TT is correct.... Kona By the Sea is tops





However ,Kahaluu Bay Villas, across the street from the bay is very good and as close as you can get.





Its not ocean front but facing the park.




My vote is for Hale Kona Kai - on the edge of town, oceanfront, reasonably priced, clean.




I%26#39;ll also endorse Hale Kona Kai. I got back Sunday from ten days there. It was my second visit to the same unit (213) and both visits were perfect. It%26#39;s not a resort, but it%26#39;s clean and comfortable. The facility is located right at the south end of the restaurants and shops in Kailua Kona and convenient to everything there. There%26#39;s nothing like a surf lullaby every night.





Don




Hale Kona Kai. Oceanfront. The complex is small - I think 39 units. You won%26#39;t feel overwhelmed or crowded like in the large complexes. Go for unit 213 - it is the best IMHO. The only place I would stay in the Kona area.





3Chihuahuas




I looked at the website. Adeline and Chas have a great Hawaiian quilt in the master bedroom!




Before this thread gets out of hand and everybody lists they favorite ocean front condo in Kona (there are a lots of them!) it would be better if the OP would describe what ';best'; means to her. I assumed ';best'; meant amenities, daily maid service, spa, etc., and those are rare, only a few ocean front condos have such.



BTW, it%26#39;s nice to see another first-time poster from New Mexico. :(




LOL TT, FYI we have no owners at Hale Kona Kai who live in New Mexico...





I agree with TT, Aston Kona By The Sea has the nicest condos with the best amenities, I believe it is in fact a condo-tel.




And here’s another endorsement for Hale Kona Kai condos. We stayed there last summer and loved it. Having an on-site manager is an added bonus.




Thank you so much everybody for the responses--I knew you all would come through! We are close to making a decision.





As far as what ';best'; means---I suppose I should have substituted that word with ';reliable';. What we would like to have is a nice, clean place to come back to every night without dealing with extra issues (i.e. no hot water, dirty furnishings, bug infestations, etc.) Of course there may always be unforeseen issues, but after having problems in other places, wanted to do more research this time.





You are right TT -- ';best'; is very subjective to personal preference. We want to explore the beautiful island and not have to deal with a condo that%26#39;s a liability. TA is a wonderful resource, but after reading some of the good and bad reviews about the same place/people, it%26#39;s sometimes hard to differentiate.





For me, even if it was amazing, the condo wouldn%26#39;t ';make my trip'; But I know from experience, if it is bad, it can sure as heck ruin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment