Saturday, April 3, 2010

Morning ride to Halakeala

I was thinking of doing the sunrise trip to Halakeala crater combined with some hiking in the area. I realize it can be quite a SPECIAL time but to get maximum participation from my family (who don%26#39;t want to rise so early) and to avoid the drive up the mountain in the dark, I was wondering if a more sober departure time (we will be in Kaanapali) like 5:00am would be wise? It might be a little warmer and more light yet not peak sun either for comfortable hiking. Any comments on this departure (which would get us there about 7:00am I%26#39;m supposing)? Crowds? Likelihood of getting a parking spot?





Thanks! We leave in six weeks.



Morning ride to Halakeala


If you%26#39;re not going for sunrise then any departure time is reasonable. You shouldn%26#39;t have any problems with crowds or parking. The lot clears pretty quickly after the sun rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment