Thursday, April 1, 2010

Opinions on Moloa'a

Hello All!





My husband and I are considering a visit in September. We last visited in May 08 and stayed at Waipouli Beach Resort. This time we want more privacy,less traffic. We are considering two VRBO houses. Both by the same owner, #46199 and #90584. Is anyone familiar with either of these? Moloa%26#39;a looks to be a great place to stay. I would love any and all input and/or any other suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance, Denise



Opinions on Moloa'a


I don%26#39;t know the specific units, but Moloa`a is a beautiful valley and a beautiful, albeit not swimmable, beach. Bear in mind that you won%26#39;t be very close to shops or restaurants, except Duane%26#39;s Ono Charburger is 10 minutes away, as is Whaler%26#39;s General Store. Kapa`a is about 20 minutes. Princeville is about the same. Kilauea is about 10 minutes. The nearest swimming beach would be Anini, about 15 minutes away.





You won%26#39;t find much traffic; it%26#39;s relatively out of the way here.



Opinions on Moloa'a


There%26#39;s a lot on Moloaa if you do a search above.



I don%26#39;t know these homes but please read about the area first.



tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k45042…



Also check to make sure they have been permitted.




I%26#39;ve been to the Moloa%26#39;a area, though I%26#39;ve never stayed there. It%26#39;s an absolutely beautiful area, definitely away from traffic. It has a genuine rural feel to it and I think if you%26#39;re looking for a beautiful place that is also quiet and a bit secluded, this would be a wonderful choice.




Those places look really nice. I%26#39;d love to get a trip report if you do stay there.





For privacy and quiet Moloaa is great and September is probably the best time to stay there. You can snorkel and swim one side of the bay as long as you are cautious and don%26#39;t wander out into the bay our out into the reefs.





There%26#39;s a little fruit stand/deli up the street at the highway. They sell smoothies, fruits, lunch items and so on.





Anahola bay is very close by and good for swimming.





http://www.hawaiigaga.com/kauai-beaches.aspx




Thanks everyone! I do remember that great fruit stand and Duane%26#39;s. Sounds like there are conflicting opinions on just how safe the swimming on this beach is. Guess I%26#39;ll just have to play that by ear.



Thanks Jebett, I had seen that thread and I%26#39;m pretty sure I%26#39;ve looked at every rental on the North shore that falls in my price range, just wanted to get some opinions. I have been wondering though, how do I go about making sure a property is actually legal and permitted? Any advice? Thanks again, Denise



p.s. I%26#39;m still open to any suggestions on other properties that anyone might have.




Moloa%26#39;a is a very pretty beach, although it wasn%26#39;t very swimmable when we were there in September 2008. The location is great, though, and it feels very private. The place we stayed at was horrible and run down, but it wasn%26#39;t one of the ones you%26#39;re looking at. We%26#39;d consider staying at Moloa%26#39;a again but definitely at a different house.





Moloa%26#39;a sounds like what you%26#39;re looking for--with little to no traffic and a good bit of privacy. It%26#39;s a good in-between if you want to explore the north and south shores.




We stayed in a VRBO in Moloa%26#39;a. Was nice and quiet and out of the way. Friendly neighbors. Just the sound of the stream and the ocean, plus lots of chickens. It was great to retreat there after a long day. I started every day with a walk on the beach... and usually I was the only one there. One evening there were a couple of families but rarely was there anyone else on the beach.





BUT it%26#39;s not a swimming beach. I guess if the conditions are just right it would be OK but there were much better places to swim.





I thought it was a great location, and would stay there again.




Be aware that the sand beach right in front of the houses at the end of the road has been gone since our last big winter storm. You can still cross the stream to the left to get to that end of the beach.




Once pzp finishes her landscaping and unpacking boxes, I think she should start a little B%26amp;B. Not enough rentals in the Moloa%26#39;a area. It would have to be strictly under the radar of course, since it%26#39;s not in a VDA. I%26#39;d stay there. Whatcha think pzp?




Mama:



To find out if a permit has been issued or at least they have applied go here:



www.kauaigovonline.org/COKForms/tvr_log.aspx



If they haven%26#39;t even applied, look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment