Saturday, April 3, 2010

renting small romantic private boat MAUI ??

I am going to Maui for my boyfriend%26#39;s birthday. Wanted to make the day special but am spending alot of money on a private massage on the beach, and a dinner evening set up. What I%26#39;ve been having a hard time finding is on renting a small little motor boat for 2 people that we can use to go maybe a mile off shore to relax and have a nice lunch for an hour or 2. The only things i%26#39;ve seen online are for huge poweboats or charter boats which are so expensive per hour AND you need a 3-5 hour minimum reservation. I heard they have tiny little local places that may rent out small boats hourly for good prices, which are not posted on online for me to check. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?? I appreciate it very much!



Thanks



renting small romantic private boat MAUI ??


I have a hard time imagining that someone will allow you to rent a boat without a captain, or captain%26#39;s license. The liability is just too great.



renting small romantic private boat MAUI ??


I am not too sure that this is a viable idea, currents and weather conditions can change in an instant. Are you an experienced boater?




The only reliable one I am aware of is Sea Escape, located in central Kihei.





See:





http://www.maui-boat-rental.com/




I really don%26#39;t think this is gonna happen for you...it%26#39;s a big ocean where conditions change quickly. Not something I would want to experience and can%26#39;t imagine, as the last poster said, the liability issues. Suggest you take a nice picnic to a beach, the rest of your plans sound wonderful!




I%26#39;ve also now heard the same from different people about how dangerous it might be considering the abrupt weather change out there...if anyone has a suggestion on which place i can maybe find a small boat that offers a captain to drive instead of charter boats where there will also be alot of people around that would be great! It%26#39;s my first time to Hawaii so it%26#39;s been alot of hours of researching. Thanks for the help and replies =) Any other suggestions for a romantic time in Maui from your vacation experiences??



Thanks!




';Captain to drive'; equals ';charter boat'; equals bucks. You will pay for their gas and their time and it will not be cheap! I%26#39;m sure in this economy you can find a captain to take you out for only $500 or $600 bucks ,about half of the normal.




Another idea would be to take a sailing excursion, in Lahaina the America%26#39;s II takes a smaller amount of people for a lovely sail. The cost is $45. http://www.sailingonmaui.com/



Afterwards a lunch in Lahaina or a picnic would be nice.




Thank you for all your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment