Saturday, April 3, 2010

1 Day Circle Isle trip by The Bus???

I%26#39;m thinking of taking one whole day to do a circle-isle trip via The Bus, getting on and off at different places: North Shore, towns, beaches, etc. I am wondering if anyone has ever done this and how the day went; and if it is in fact do-able?





If it%26#39;s not such a good idea, I could rent a car for the day, but I would like to avoid driving so that is why I am asking.





Also, should I start out going clock-wise or counter clock-wise regardless if I take the bus or drive?





Thanks.



1 Day Circle Isle trip by The Bus???


I%26#39;ve done this trip a few times via The Bus. It%26#39;s definitely do-able, but you need to make sure you%26#39;ve looked at a map and know exactly where you want to go. Also keep in mind that at some places there may be a bit of walking to get to the actual site. (This may entice you more into using a car.)





From there just let the bus driver know when you get on where you%26#39;re looking to get off. They are used to doing this won%26#39;t lead you astray.





Just some of the places I would go:



- Blow Hole



- Sandy Beach



- Makapuu Beach



- Laie Point



- Sunset Beach



- Waimea Bay





With regards to direction, go counter-clockwise. I would start at around 9am and even with several stops you should be back where you started by 5 or so.





Another point is that I would do it on a weekday - there%26#39;s more bus service then!





Aloha!



1 Day Circle Isle trip by The Bus???


thebus.org is a good website for bus info.




Thanks for the info.





I can see it%26#39;s do-able and now was wondering if there might be one or two beach spots that aren%26#39;t so far from a bus stop? There%26#39;s one stop called Kaaawa Beach.





Also, Bus 55/52 goes all around the island, but doesn%26#39;t go around the blow hole, Sandy Beach, Makapuu area (I think bus 57 does that).





I%26#39;m planning on getting the 4-day pass, but was wondering if transferring bus(es) would be worth the time involved for one day (???)





Maybe a separate trip back and forth on bus 57 another day would be better.





Thanks again.









No comments:

Post a Comment