Thursday, April 1, 2010

Aqua Bamboo or Wyland Waikiki???

I%26#39;ve been reading TONS of reviews and I can%26#39;t decide between the two. Same price booking through travelocity. Thoughts???



Aqua Bamboo or Wyland Waikiki???


The Wyland Waikiki would be my pick in fact I am staying there next month. I picked it because I could get a 1 bedroom suite there and need the extra space since it%26#39;s just me and my 20 yr old this trip and she likes her own sleeping space.



I thought it was very reasonable and it has%26#39;nt been that long since the renovations there.



Lastly I sent them an email with some specific room requests and actually got an email back from somebody at the hotel acknowledging my request imo that is very good customer service.



Have you looked on their site they have some good deals now I booked directly through Outrigger.



Aloha Marie



Aqua Bamboo or Wyland Waikiki???


Both have been recently renovated. Both are in the same general area in Waikiki (a couple of blocks from the beach, close to everything, etc).





I don%26#39;t know about parking at the Wyland, but parking at the Bamboo (if you are renting a car) is very limited, or across the street in a very difficult lot to navigate.





I have stayed at the Bamboo 3 times (and will again in June). When I stay there, I park at the Banyan a few blocks away. It%26#39;s cheaper and easier to drive in. I use the Bamboo for a couple of reasons.





1. The staff is really great.



2. I get 5 miles to the dollar spent using my Hawaiian Miles credit card. For the June trip, they have a special and I%26#39;ll get 10 miles to the dollar.





Free flights always tip the scale for me!




I have visited both and think the Wyland is the better choice of the two. I like it%26#39;s location and it has a restaurant onsite.




I haven%26#39;t been to the Wyland but I have been to the Bamboo and I would not recommend it. I guess it depends on what your expectations are, but I was very disappointed. They claim that it%26#39;s been recently renovated but it%26#39;s more like recently spruced up. They pretty much put nice furniture, cupboards and countertops in a shabby old hotel to try to make it look renovated. My room was infested with bugs (I%26#39;m sure not all of the rooms are, but even still) and there was a lot of street noise in our room even though we paid extra for the ';courtyard view';. The lobby looked pretty nice and the staff were very friendly but those are really the only two good things I can say about the Bamboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment