Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just read latest review on Outrigger Reef

Hi all,





I have just read the latest review on Outrigger Reef and I was god smacked! I have made a reservation here in just over a weeks time. However, after reading this I am looking to change. I know you cant go based onone persons viewe point but it puts a sour taste in your mouth when you read something like that.





So back to the drawing board, which hotel now?



Just read latest review on Outrigger Reef


Stick with Outrigger Reef if you want a hotel right on the beach. Right now some decent deals.





Noting that you are concerned with parking rates %26amp; therefore overall hotel cost including parking, you might be better off at a hotel like Aston Waikiki Banyan on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki. Parking there only $10.



Just read latest review on Outrigger Reef


yes I hear you Dusty and thanks for your comments again but reading something like this is hard. Especially when im travelling in the next week or so.





I am concerned about the construction noise, the sharp sand beach in front and the staff service itself.




Just to give you something else to consider...I took a look at the reviewers other reviews...this guy has been displeased with hotels all over the world! In other words he would not know a nice hotel if they dropped one on him! He hasn%26#39;t had a single good experience! Some folks are like that...nothing will ever please them. Hope you have a great trip!




ha ha, thanks. I know. I am being over cautious. I%26#39;m sure Outrigger reef will be fine.




After reading his review and reading his other review, this guy seems to have an issue with all the places he goes. There are some people who just have issues no matter where they stay, so I would take a look at all the recent reviews, not make a judgment over one dissatisfied review.





Have a great trip!!!




I love the Outrigger Reef. I have stayed there three times in the past few years (including this past November) and will be staying there again this November. I never have a problem there with the service and rooms. The rooms are very nice, especially with the renovations they did. As for the beach, the sand is a little rough, but just walk out the back of the hotel onto the beach and head right. Ft. DeRussey beach is there and is wide and nice.




I%26#39;ve stayed at this hotel. I can%26#39;t speak about any construction since it was a few years ago, but the sand on the beach is just fine. It%26#39;s not really different from the sand a couple of hundred yards down the beach either. Kind of strange...





Anyway, the pool is very nice as well and you will not be uncomfortable swimming there...We enjoyed it a great deal and would definitely stay there again if we decide to stay on that part of the island. Enjoy your trip!




I would never cancel my reservation because of one persons review maybe if they were consistently bad but then I doubt it would be #6 on TA.



he does sound like a complainer some people you can never make happy and go out of their way to find problems no matter what place or situation they are in.



I think the renovated Reef rooms look very nice and even considered it for my stay in may but decided on the Hilton Prince Kuhio I like that end of Waikiki better it%26#39;s a little more quieter imo, and I like the beach area there less crowded also imo.



No worries



Marie




Personally, I don%26#39;t put much stock in the review of someone who sounds like a pompous jerk and has atrocious grammar. We are staying at the Reef in June and I won%26#39;t be switching my reservation.






I was at the Reef last night for dinner at the Shorebird restaurant. The car valets are fast, efficient and very friendly. You walk into the wide open lobby that has a koa canoe hanging from the cathedral height ceiling. There is a beautiful fountain and live Hawaiian music with the pool and pool bar on the left. To the right there is a large seating/gathering place then on to the check-in area. It is like a fancy livingroom where you sit down and check-in, very civilized. Beautiful koa furniture, Hawaiian art and the most beautiful Ikebana floral displays I have ever seen. Very artful and serene.



Toward the ocean there are two restaurants. We like the Shorebird for the cook your own entree and salad bar (with coupon..a real deal) The beach is right at your feet.



When we drove down Lewers St to get to the Reef the sidewalks were full of tourists enjoying the evening. I heard we%26#39;re in a recession but it sure didn%26#39;t look like it last night.



When the hotel was remodeled they left nothing undone. We watched for months as they worked on the building. They totally demo-ed the rooms. Even removed and replaced all the windows, lanai doors, railings, etc. Trump Towers is being built across the street but it appears to be ';topped off'; and the heavy work of pouring concrete is finished. It is on the mountain side of the Reef so I don%26#39;t think it will bother you.

No comments:

Post a Comment