Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/28/09 Humpback Whale sightings

I could not belive my eyes!!! Almost at sunset did we get a show at The Cliffs!!! Pod of whales with calfs learning the ropes Im Guessing!! Amazing show till after sun went down!



4/28/09 Humpback Whale sightings




Aloha from Kaua%26#39;i!





Wow, you guys up North get all the luck - I haven%26#39;t seen any here on the South Side for several weeks now - maybe the whales are enjoying our North Shore more this year?





Good for you!





Malama Pono,



Janet



4/28/09 Humpback Whale sightings


Cindy:



Are you SURE you saw whales and it wasn%26#39;t too many vinos or mai tais???????



Lucky you to still see them so close to May. Sounds like they are heading out. 7 years ago I sailed in Tonga during the summer and those whales were the same Hawaii saw during the winter. I know how exciting it is to see them. They do put on a show. It%26#39;s a unforgettable experience.




Not too many cocktails!! I have many witnesses. All the people watching from gazebo area and everyone on lanai with binoculars. It was quite a sight all the way around. Tonga must have been fascinating I would like to go.






Cindy, You were so lucky to have the whales put on a show for you and especially at sunset. We were on the N.S. during whale season and only saw a few in the distance. We had a little better luck at Poipu, but certainly never got the show you experienced.





That%26#39;s great that they are staying around a little longer this year!!!




I am thrilled. We used to go to Maui in January to see them and take whale watching trips. Since we got the timeshare here in Kauai during the month of April I had resigned myself to the fact they would be gone. So Im thrilled. You could really see the calves fins and tails last night.




We are at the Hyatt and saw the whales yesterday, too. We saw them at Ke%26#39;e Beach on Sunday. I couldn%26#39;t believe it either--it is kind of late. Maybe b/c of the crazy weather hawaii has been having they decided to stay a bit longer.


  • revlon cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment