Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pleasant Holidays, Costco or ???

Hi All,





I%26#39;m looking to get the best deal on a week on Kauai in July. Where do you get the best deals? It seems to me that Pleasnt Holidays and Costco are pretty close in price. Costco does not offer airfare. My goal was airfare, hotel and car rental for about 3k for a party of two. I don%26#39;t see much under 4k currently at a decent Hotel(Sheraton, Marriot). I was also shocked to see airfares in the $900 range from Los Angeles. Please advise. Thanks!





Rich



Pleasant Holidays, Costco or ???


Watch for specials on airfares, but you%26#39;re probably too late to get any really good deals for this July since that is high season. As far as lodging, IMO you%26#39;d be much better off to find a cottage or condo that has a kitchen. You can save a lot of money by not eating out all the time. Check out sites like vrbo.com, Summit Pacific or Kauai Vacation Rentals. You may hae a hard time finding a decent place this late, but good luck.



Pleasant Holidays, Costco or ???


Thanks for responding! I looked into vrbo and saw a few good deals. I hope the airfares will drop over the next few months.




Don%26#39;t count on airfares dropping. July is high season -- and with fuel costs what they are, it%26#39;s highly unlikely. Try Hawaiian Airlines. While they aren%26#39;t cheap, they are focused on Hawaii and shouldn%26#39;t be making up for losses in other parts of the states.





Pleasant Holidays has a good reputation. A very good reputation and so many variables to choose from. If this is your first trip, and it sounds like it is, I would use Pleasant ... as then you have someone standing behind you to answer questions and take care of last minute issues. Yes, you can choose a condo off VRBO --- but will you be happy with it and the location? It%26#39;s a roll of the dice.




Thanks, I look into HA. From LA now, all the airlines are $900 roundtirp. Which means I need a hotel around $200 a night. Any recommendations?




You%26#39;ll be hard pressed to find a nice hotel in Kauai for $200 night. Although check out the Hilton Kauai. They might have something. If you%26#39;re not settled on Kauai, Honolulu has the greatest density of hotels, therefore better competition pricing. If you can do a condo rental on Kauai, you much more likely to find that price per night.




I think a rental is a good option. I%26#39;m renting a 2 bedroom house on the north shore this July for $170 a night. A/C, full kitchen, flat screen TV%26#39;s, washer and dryer, etc.




Scratch my previous suggestion on the Hilton Kauai. After looking at the recent reviews on that place, I would not stay there!!! No wonder it%26#39;s under $200 a night.




Also, I just looked up a $690 non-stop from LAX on Delta on airtohawaii.com (July time frame). So there are better deals to be had.




You can usually find slightly better airfare deals if you travel on weekdays instead of Fri-Sat-Sun - you may also find the airport less crowded.




Thanks all! I read the reviews for the Hilton also. Too bad the beach is so dirty. I can get it for $285 night in July. I was hoping for $500 flight but I%26#39;m at $700 and above.


  • eye pencil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment