Monday, December 12, 2011

Outrigger Reef or Hilton Prince Kuhio???

I%26#39;m trying to plan my honeymoon for August of this year and am stuck trying to decide on a hotel in Honolulu. I%26#39;d love the Halekulani but can%26#39;t justify spending the money. I could stay in the Prince Kuhio for £1070, or Outrigger Reef on the beach for £1750, both for 8 nights in an oceanview room. Obviously this is quite a difference in price! Is the Reef so much better than the Kuhio that it is worth paying the extra? I haven%26#39;t heard the Kuhio mentioned much in the forums. We could afford both but obviously the Kuhio would give us extra speding money! Any opinions welcome. If it helps, we%26#39;re 25 and 31 and just want a nice room in a good location with a good view. Not looking for much then . . .



Outrigger Reef or Hilton Prince Kuhio???


The Reef just finished renovations and is on the beach the Prince Kuhio is about two blocks from the beach that is the price difference.



Have you looked at HHV (Hilton Hawaiian Village) it is about as close to a resort as you%26#39;ll find in Waikiki and with the economy dragging along you may catch a good bargain. You may check them for a air+hotel package which you could with Outrigger as well.



Outrigger Reef or Hilton Prince Kuhio???


Yes, you will like the hotel and the location of the Outrigger Reef MUCH better than the Hilton.




I think the Reef is probably more popular because it is oceanfront and it has just been renovated so thats a plus.



I personally think the Prince Kuhio would also be a nice place to stay it was also renovated less than 2 years ago and the rooms are nice size and the bathrooms are huge. I like that end of Waikiki it%26#39;s a little quieter imo. I did quite a bit of research on this place trying to decide between it and the Wyland Waikiki for my trip next month.



I guess you need to decide if the money you save there is important enough not to be oceanfront although the beach is not a far walk from there imo.



Aloha Marie




Split the difference, do you first 5 nights at the Hiton Prince Kuhio, or Wyland Waikiki as someone else said, or New Otani Kaimana (Jr. Suite) and then the last three nights at the Halekulani. The Halekulani is well worth it and it would a great ending for a great beginning.




Settle in at the Reef and have a great time! It%26#39;s your honeymoon ... it%26#39;s on the beach, newly renovated, great location ...




Thanks for all your advice. I like the idea of maybe staying in the hilton and then going moving to the Halekulani for the last few nights to experience some luxury. Husband to be doesn%26#39;t like flying so I%26#39;m actually still trying to convince him that it%26#39;s worth travelling half way round the world to experience the delights of Hawaii! It%26#39;s somewhere I%26#39;ve always wanted to go and I%26#39;m sure we%26#39;ll love it. Keep the words of wisdom coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment