Monday, December 12, 2011

Corkage

Does anyone know if Maui law prohibits corkage? I brought a few nice wines that I was hoping to bring with me to open at dinner on west side of Maui. Any suggestions other than the usual Onizukya Deli?





I%26#39;d appreciate the help or other BYOB places such as that Thai place in Lahaina.



Corkage


I know Roy%26#39;s allows it if they don%26#39;t carry the wine. You also might want to check The Seahouse, Plantation House or Merrymans.



Corkage


No they allow it ...but its up to the restauraunt .



I recall its about $15.... but can vairy with the bottles value++++




Thai Chef allows and does not charge extra.





and Cilantro




Interesting, we were told years ago that Maui state law prohibits byob (can%26#39;t remember who by). Just noticed on CJ%26#39;s website that you can byob. Anyone had experience of byob with any other restaurants?




Interesting - our catering coordinator also said no BYOB when we asked about corkage for some wine for our wedding. She also cited the maui liquor laws. This is at Merriman%26#39;s Kapalua.




And this is for our upcoming wedding - Sept 09. We just inquired with her about it maybe a month ago. FYI




Even though it has been a while since I took my exam for my liquor card, at that time the law did not allow for anyone to bring liquor into a licensed establishment. As far I know that has not changed and still holds. You may bring your own into an unlicensed restaurant.




I cannot imagine Roy%26#39;s, Merriman%26#39;s or the Plantation House jeopardizing their liquor license to allow you to bring a wine, even if they do not stock it. The county laws are very well enforced by our LC.

No comments:

Post a Comment