Monday, December 12, 2011

Jeep Suggestions?

My wife and I are headed back to Kauai in September with another couple this time. It will be their first time and we are so excited to show them around this wonderful island.





We plan on sharing a rental and would like the open air of a convertible or jeep. But those Mustangs that Avis has are simply to small in the back for two to ride comfortably, right?





Are there any jeeps that we can rent from local companies that are larger with more leg room in back seat that we can also ride with top off?





Thanks for your help! I need to reserve ASAP.





Mahalo



Jeep Suggestions?


The problem w/Mustang convertible is not the back seat for seating but the lack of trunk room for 4 people (pack light)--I sat in back and I am 5%26#39;8'; and was fine. The extended Jeep had the same problem w/luggage space....



Jeep Suggestions?


We rented a jeep from Thrifty for our upcoming trip because we had no problems with 3 adults in a jeep on Maui last year. Getting from the airport to your destination may be a little challenging with 4 people unless you all pack light--not alot of room for luggage but do-able.




I thought I saw a couple of 4dr soft-tops rolling around last week. We got a 2dr soft-top from Budget and w/o luggage it would still be snug for 4 adults...




Convertible Mustang or Sebring...Open top Jeep is just not an option for 4 people.......




We, too, are a party of four coming to Kauai for the first time.





We%26#39;ve rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee from Thrifty at $285 a week (through discounthawaiicarrental.com).





I hope that%26#39;s big enough for all of us and one suitcase each - any thoughts, TA experts? Thanks.




%26lt;%26lt;I hope that%26#39;s big enough for all of us and one suitcase each - any thoughts, TA experts? Thanks.







I drive a Jeep Cherokee - 4 suitcases will be fine in the back of the jeep! UNLESS they are HUGE :) I have actually rented the Midsized SUV for our trip in 2 weeks - I have been revisiting all the rental sites for a better deal - no can do - $226 with taxes is still the winner for 8 days.




Which company has the Sebring convertible? I know that is bigger than the mustang. We don%26#39;t want to drive an SUV with just a sunroof. A big part of our experience is driving in the open air.





Anyone help with the Sebring?




A Jeep Cherokee and a Wrangler (2 or 4 door) are two very different cars. I believe the OP is asking about a Wrangler rental with a completely removable top. The luggage space is limited, particularly if back seat is full of passengers...




%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt; I believe the OP is asking about a Wrangler rental with a completely removable top. The luggage space is limited, particularly if back seat is full of passengers...%26gt;%26gt;





I was answering Short Lazy Bum which was asking about the Cherokee.




sorry, did not see the hijack on the thread...

No comments:

Post a Comment