Monday, December 12, 2011

Dress code for most restaurants at night

Just curious what is the dress code for most of the restaurants at night. Casual meaning shorts for women and men?



Dress code for most restaurants at night


We wore shorts out to eat everytime while in Oahu and never felt out of place at all. The dresscode is very casual in Hawaii as a whole. There are a few places that might suggest khaki pants for men or a dress or something for women, but we didn%26#39;t visit any of those type restaurants.





Alot of people, tourists and locals alike, wear the ';Hawaiian'; shirts and khakis or t-shirts or polo shirts. I think you will be just fine.



Dress code for most restaurants at night


I usually change into capris and a nicer top for going out to dinner.





Depending the time of year you are in Hawaii, may not really even be hot enough that you%26#39;d still need shorts by dinner-time. And depending the kind of restaurants you choose shorts %26amp; t-shirt might be a tad %26#39;underdressed%26#39;.





Most people wear ';island casual'; I%26#39;d call it, polo or aloha shirt %26amp; dockers pants or shorts for guys, capris or skirts/sundress for ladies, sandals, sneakers, or flip flops for both.




the top few places require closed toe, no shorts, collared shorts, places like La Mer and Azure. Everywhere else- anything goes




At most nice places I would wear Khakis or Navy poplin slacks with an aloha shirt (Reyn%26#39;s Spooner) tucked in.





Nice places means places like Alan Wong%26#39;s, Orchids, Hau Tree Lanai, Hy%26#39;s, Roy%26#39;s, Indigo, etc. I think La Mer still requires a jacket.





Honolulu is casual, but I don%26#39;t think shorts would be appropriate at Hy%26#39;s or the others in that category.





Places like Dukes, the Shorebird, Chuck%26#39;s, etc. I%26#39;d feel fine in shorts.




OK I admit I%26#39;m older but if I am gonna pay mega bucks for dinner I am gonna dress for it! DH wears slacks and aloha shirt and I always wear a silk dress. Why not make it special! After High School not many memories are made at Denny%26#39;s!




They will serve you in shorts, but feel free to dress up as well. We were on our honeymoon and dressed nice for a dinner cruise, while other people were casual, some were in a tie. It%26#39;s Hawaii, they understand the laid back life, and will treat you the same whether wearing shorts, or a suit.




';Why not make it special! After High School not many memories are made at Denny%26#39;s!';





Excellent comment! I um.....like it um.......when my lady is Happy, glowing tan, glowing smile.....and that one dress!





Ohhhhhhhhh Yeah!!!!





And I know for a fact, that dress does not take up too much room!

No comments:

Post a Comment